Elena majored in Psychology and English at the University of Iowa where she earned her B.A. degree. She graduated with honors from Drake University and received her J.D. in May 2009.
Elena interned at the American Judicature Society and the Iowa Attorney General’s office. She practiced as a student attorney at the Middleton Children’s Rights Clinic and volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate.
Elena worked as an attorney in a private law firm and then as an Assistant Attorney General in the Child Support Recovery Unit in Cedar Rapids before moving back to Des Moines and starting Greenberg Law on March 1, 2011.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody & Support
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Law
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Practice
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. – May, 2009
- University of Iowa
- Major: Psychology
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Women Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Child Support Recovery Unit in Cedar Rapids, Former Assistant Attorney General
- Iowa Attorney General’s Office – Child Abuse Registry and Termination of Parental Rights Appeals Cases, Intern
- Middleton Children’s Rights Clinic, Student Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteered, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.